Managing ESXi 6.0 U2 in Host-Client
We have flashy Host-client GUI to manage ESXi Host independently without the help of vCenter Server from 6.0 U2 vSphere Environment.
Let’s go through how to manage ESXI Host through host-client which is one of the new features in vSphere 6.0 U2.
To open ESXi Host in Hostclient
- Open ESXi Host https://FQDN or IP address.
- Use “Open the VMware Host Client”
- Use root/ local user credentials to login ESXi Host
- You can find VMware Host Client documentation in the same page.
- There are tabs to manage/ monitor Host, the different tab for Virtual Machines, Storage, and Networking.
- You can find details of Hardware, Configuration, System Information and Performance in center page of ESXI Host host-client.
- Move cursor down to find Configuration and System Information details.
- further, move we could see performance summary of ESXi Host.
- Enabling/ Disabling SSH and console shell is so easy
- Go to Actions > Services > Enable Secure Shell / Enable console shell
- We have a shortcut to Enter strick/normal lock down mode.
- Go to Actions > Lockdown mode > Enter strick/ normal lockdown
- We can generate support bundle instantly
- To generate support bundle, go to Actions > Generate support bundle.